Previous Mushroom
22 of 30 from Skagit River
Next

This was a nice little mushroom at the side of the trail - picture time!

Hi, I wondering, it's eatable mushroom or not ? Can you answer right now ? And one more question, what it's the name of this mushroom ? Regards, Virginia
Virginia
Tuesday, October 21st, 2008 at 15:16:20

As I learned from another mushroom picker - if you can't be sure, it's poisonous. Short answer - this is poisonous. It's quite and old mushroom which makes it even harder to identify. Of the mushrooms you look out for to pick on the west coast, this isn't one of them.
John Harvey
Tuesday, October 21st, 2008 at 22:52:34


Camera: Nikon F100
Date: Sunday, June 2nd, 2002
Film: Fuji Velvia 50 (slide)
Lens: 105mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor
Photographer: John Harvey
Tag: mushroom
Larger image: 1334 x 2000

John Harvey Photo > John Harvey Photo - Hiking > Skagit River > Mushroom

Leave a Comment

Some HTML allowed: <b>, <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>, but most isn't.  Text length is limited.  Comments from first time authors will be reviewed before being posted. Comments with swearing or painfully poor spelling will probably be rejected.

Last Modified Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 at 00:23:09. Edit
Copyright and Contact Information.